Here at the Ministry of Colours we are keen for everyone to have a fun time at their colour event, that’s what we are all about. However, we are also mindful of the importance of safety when running an event which might include hundreds of people. So, bearing that in mind, here is some advice based on our 5 years of experience in the field.
- Our first tip would be always to buy your colour powders from a reputable source and use it in a well ventilated area – usually outdoors. Our colour powder is very safe as it is non-toxic and non-flammable and made from natural ingredients. It’s very unlikely to irritate and is not harmful to the environment. You won’t need any special fire equipment.
- Eye protection. Most people won’t be adversely affected by our powder but anything can occasionally cause eye irritation, so have some brightly coloured sunglasses or a visor on offer to add to the fun and give added protection. These are incredibly popular accessories, the kids especially love them.
- Protect clothing; offer participants a plain white t-shirt. Not only will this save their clothes but everyone will have a brightly coloured reminder of your event. Be prepared with plenty of these in different sizes. And remember to tell everyone that our colours will wash out!
- Provide access to plenty of water, or drinking and for rinsing. Most people will at least want to wash their hands after the event.
- After the event when it’s time to clean up then we recommend you sweep up first, this will remove most of the residue. Then simply wash away with water. Or wait for Mother Nature to do it for you...